Saturday, October 15, 2011

Day 6~Lincoln, NH to Portland, ME

Today started out great with breakfast at a local cafe called Peg's and a beautiful backdrop of the White Mountains.   We ate corned beef hash for the first time and LOVED it!  
Here is a video that I posted from my phone this morning. 


We traveled through the Kancamagus Hwy down the middle of the White Mountains and received the call about Pumpkin.  As beautiful as everything was, it was devastating to realize that our old friend would not be greeting us when we get home.  The rest of the day just seemed to be so somber and it rained harder on the way to Maine which just seemed to echo our moods for the rest of the day.  

So we decided to get cleaned up and go out to find us a lobster dinner in Maine.  It did help cheer us up.  I have never eaten lobster before and it was delicious.  I got to pick out our lobster (I took a picture of it before we ate it-kind of sick, I know...) and it was sooooooo good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment